Orlando Application & Server Virtualization
Virtualization is the process of creating a virtual version of a device or resource, such as servers, storage devices, networks and applications. Virtualization accomplishes this by using specialized software that separates the virtual devices from the underlying physical hardware. Benefits of virtualization include reduced capital expenses through consolidation, improved operating expenses through automation, and above all virtualization minimizes planned and unplanned downtime.
Server virtualization is the partitioning of physical servers into smaller virtualized servers in order to maximize hardware resources. Server virtualization is accomplished by using software called a hypervisor that separates the server’s operating system from the underlying physical server hardware.
Features and Benefits of Server Virtualization
- Flexibility: Run multiple operating systems on a single server including Windows, Linux and Unix.
- Energy Efficiency: Reduce monthly operating expenses and lower your carbon footprint by increasing your energy efficiency and requiring less hardware.
- Availability: Ensure servers and applications perform with the highest availability and performance.
- Administration: Improve and simplify server administration by utilizing common administration tools and automating standard tasks.
- Scalability: Server virtualization allows for dynamic and rapid allocation of servers and other IT resources.
- Business Continuity: Server virtualization increases business continuity by allowing for more efficient and simplified backups along with disaster recovery.
Zia Provides Server Virtualization
At Zia we have many years of experience working with server virtualization for companies of all sizes. Experience and immense knowledge of hardware architecture and server virtualization guides our solutions and server implementations.
Zia works with the following platforms:
- Microsoft Hyper-V: Over the last few years Microsoft has increased their commitment to server virtualization and offers cost effective and high performance solutions by way of Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R8. Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 is a hypervisor-based server virtualization product that allows you to consolidate workloads onto a single physical server. Zia has been working with Microsoft Hyper-V since it’s first release and has experience implementing and supporting it for companies in Orlando.
- VMware vSphere: VMware is the market leader in server virtualization and offers a wide-range of enterprise-class virtualization solutions. At Zia we have many years of experience working with VMware vSphere.
- Citrix XenServer: Citrix XenServer is a high performance hypervisor that is based on the open-source xen hypervisor project. Citrix offers many great virtualization products that work well for companies of all sizes.
- Xen Hypervisor: The Xen Hypervisor is a enterprise-class open source hypervisor which is extremely powerful and flexible. The Xen Hypervisor powers some of the largest public clouds on the internet like Amazon Web Services and Rackspace Cloud.